You may already be aware that beeswax is an important ingredient in making candles and furniture polishers.
It’s also something that is added to a number of skincare products. This doesn’t come as a surprise because beeswax promotes lovelier skin. What’s more, it also has a few health benefits.
So without any more ado, here are some of the most amazing health and beauty benefits of beeswax:
It Keeps Your Lips Soft and Smooth
Why buy an expensive beeswax-containing lip balm when you can make one at home? Cheap and effective, it can help ward off lip dryness and cracking during summer and winter. It’s also something that you can use on any given day to keep your lips soft and kissable. This is how it’s made:
- Grate beeswax until you end up with 1 teaspoon of it.
- Melt in a double boiler. Once melted, turn off the heat and add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Add a few drops of peppermint or lemon essential oil for some yummy flavor.
- Stir very well. Allow to cool for a bit.
- Transfer in an empty lip balm tube or jar. Let it set before using.
It Helps Moisturize Your Skin
Having your skin well-moisturized helps prevent excessive dryness, scaling and even itchiness. It is a wonderful idea to make your own moisturizer at home to help save your skin from being touched by any unwanted chemical or ingredient. A wonderful DIY skin moisturizer is something that contains beeswax. Here’s the super simple recipe:
- In a double boiler, melt and combine 1 ounce of beeswax and 4 ounces of almond oil.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- Add 2 ounces of distilled water and 10 drops of vitamin E oil.
- Add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Stir very well and transfer to a clean container. Use as you would a regular hand and body lotion.
It Helps Put an End to Skin Itching
Scratching is definitely a no-no because it can damage your skin, which can end up irritated or infected, and leave a nasty scar behind. You may reach for a pharmacy-bought anti-itch product that’s formulated against poison ivy, insect bites and other problems that can cause skin itching. Or you may simply whip up your very own anti-itch solution at home using beeswax. Here’s how you can make it from scratch:
- In a small saucepan, place 16 ounces of olive oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of comfrey powder and 1 tablespoon of chickweed powder.
- Simmer all of the ingredients for 3 hours.
- In a double boiler, melt 2 ounces of beeswax.
- Stir very well and transfer to a clean container.
It Also Helps Soothe Joint and Muscle Pain
Did you know that you can make your own beeswax-based solution for various aches and pains? It’s something that you can count on whenever you are bugged by inflamed and painful joints. You may also use it on sore muscles after engaging in sports or hitting the gym. Check out this simple recipe.
- Place 32 ounces of olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of wormwood powder and 2 tablespoon of chickweed powder.
- Have them simmered for 3 hours.
- Grab your double boiler and melt 3 ounces of beeswax.
- Combine with the rest of the ingredients in the saucepan.
- Add 10 drops of tea tree oil and stir very well.
- Allow to cool for a while and transfer to your preferred container.
Beeswax is truly amazing, isn’t it? When shopping for beeswax at your favorite health food store on line or off line, just make sure that the product is organic. Without any trace of man-made chemicals that can have all sorts of negative effects on your health, you may take advantage of beeswax without any doubt in your mind. Enjoy!