The breakfast significantly affects your body weight and can help you lose your extra pounds.
Therefore, the following recipes are abundant in fiber, protein, and other important nutrients that will boost your health and help you lose weight.
Roasted Veggies With Easy Fried Egg
You can consume this meal whenever you like during the day, but this tasty recipe is perfect as a breakfast. Just mix an egg with veggies and this inexpensive meal will definitely satisfy your needs.
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 small heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
For the fried egg:
- Canola oil spray
- 1 egg
- Pinch of paprika, optional
- Dash of hot sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower and broccoli florets in extra-virgin olive oil. Then add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and mix well.
- Spread out your veggies on a baking sheet, and give all the florets a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan.
- Once your veggies have roasted for 10 to 12 minutes, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, and give it a good spray of canola oil. Crack your egg in the skillet, and cook for about three minutes until the yolk is slightly set.
- Remove your veggies from the oven, and slide them into a shallow plate or bowl.
- Flip your egg, and cook for an additional 30 seconds to a minute. Keep the cook time shorter if you like a runny egg!
- Carefully slide your cooked egg on top of your veggies, sprinkle with paprika, and eat up.
The Greek yogurt is a healthy way to consume lots of protein and avoid meat and eggs. Therefore, just add a fresh cantaloupe in the yogurt instead of the sugary granola, and some fresh berries.
- 1/2 cantaloupe
- 6 ounces nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon raw pepita seeds
- Scoop out seeds from the center of your half cantaloupe.
- Fill the hole with six ounces of nonfat Greek yogurt.
- Add berries to the yogurt and sprinkle with pepita seeds.
- Use a spoon to scoop bites right out of the cantaloupe peel!